The Background, the motive and the aim of Popper in suggesting the idea of falsification
1) It is very visible that Popper did not like the closed views, not open to criticism. For him, the view is not more of an ideology at all which is accepted fanatically . Truth or knowledge of approaching the truth can be obtained only when science is open to critical (falsifikasi). a dedicated opponent of all forms of scepticism, conventionalism, and relativism in science and in human affairs generally, a committed advocate and staunch defender of the ‘Open Society’, and an implacable critic of totalitarianism in all of its forms.
2) Logical positivism is the school of of philosophy and science who want to critisized by Karl Raimund Popper in the his philosophy called critical rationalism.
3) Thought Karl Raimund Popper in the flow of critical rationalism his disagreement to the basic idea of some logical positivism. His critics against the idea and way of logical positivism, Popper encourage to explain some of the principles in the essence of critical rationalism. These principles include Critics of Induktivisme, Falsifikasi, Trial and Error and Corroborated.
4) Empirical knowledge generated by the way of logical positivism using inductive way of thinking. How to think like this departure from the 'singular statement' as a result of the experience of observation, the 'universal statement' in the form of hypothetical or theoretical.
5) Kuhn said ”Now it is far from obvious, from a logical point of view, that we are justified in inferring universal statement from singular ones, no matter how numeours; for any conclusion drawn in this way may always turn out to be false: no matter how many instances of white swans we may have observed, this does not justify the conclusions that all swans are white”.
6) In conclusion inductive method can not be called a logic in the search for truth. Thus, the logic of truth is deductive logic, which was used by scientists from the long stream rasionalist.
7) And statements obtained through the theory of empirical or logical positivism absolute must in the end concluded the statement and whether the theory is right or wrong. This means, the statement and theory must have a final conclusion (conclusively decidable verification or conclusive). If the statement and theory can not be reached this stage, they do not mean that at all.
8) To achieve such conditions, the statement and need ditest theory through empirical evidence. If the results show that testnya statements and the theory is correct, then called verifiability. Conversely, if the empirical test results prove that both are wrong, then called falsiability. Efforts / test for any proofing is called falsifikasi. Thus, the test system in the science does not always have to mean the positive (the right), but should also mean that negative (prove wrong).
9) According to Popper, type of typical science is falsifiable, meaning that must be proved wrong through the process falsifikasi. With falsifikasi, knowledge, experience a reduction prosess error (error elimination). Falsifikasi process of bringing this knowledge is near a truth, but still have character of falsifiable.
10) By Falsification way, the laws of scientific validity: that can not be justified but can be proved wrong. In the same way, developing advanced science. When a hypothesis has been proven wrong, then the hypothesis is abandoned and replaced with a new hypothesis. Another possibility is that only one unsure hypothesis that proved wrong, while the core hypothesis can be maintained, then the elements of earlier abandoned and replaced with new elements. Thus, the hypothesis continue to be refined, though still open to be wrong.
11) Popper condemns scientific system that is closed or definitive, which is close the falsifikasi. According to him, a system like this will continue to make science a decadent ideology.